How to Apply
The application portal for Fall 2022 is now open! All application materials will be due on December 1st, 2021.
Interested in learning more and asking questions? Join us for one of our Virtual Open House sessions this fall. These are one hour sessions with the program coordinators, current students, and program directors occurring on Zoom. The first session is on October 14th, 2021 from 3-4pm and the second is on November 9th, 2021 from 10-11am, both in the Mountain Standard Time zone. Please register here: https://uarizona.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0wZyVhM0xMwVDJs.
ABBS Application Requirements - The following items will be required for upload as part of the application process:
- GRE is NO LONGER REQUIRED
- Unofficial transcripts of all college and university work
- Statement of Purpose
- Current CV or resume
- Contact information for at least three people willing to write a letter of recommendation on your behalf. You should select individuals who are familiar with your work (one of these letters should be from your research advisor, if applicable). Potential letter writers will be contacted directly from the Graduate College with instructions on letter submission.
Applicants who are not US citizens should look at minimum admission requirements set by the Graduate College for international students here: https://grad.arizona.edu/admissions/requirements/international-applicants. This page goes through required English proficiency scores, degree requirements, and any exemptions.
The University of Arizona Graduate College and the ABBS program are highly committed to recruiting and retaining a talented and diverse student body. Students from racial, ethnic or economic group that is underrepresented in the biological and biomedical sciences and students with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to our program. If you are a member of one of these groups, you may be eligible for an application fee waiver. To inquire about this program, please contact the ABBS graduate program coordinator, Sophia Feller email@example.com.
All applications must be submitted through the Graduate College online application website as follows:
- Go to the Graduate College Application Page
- Follow the online instructions to create an account
- Follow the instructions in the e-mail you will receive to activate your account. (Check your spam/junk folder for the automated message if you can't find it in your inbox.)
- Begin the application process by completing each step to create your profile
- Select "Apply to a Program" in the "My Active Applications" box
- Select "Degree Seeking"
- Select "Arizona Biological/Biomedical Sciences Doctoral Program" as the program of study
- Complete the steps in the "Application Checklist" box located on the right of your screen