How to Apply
Applications for ABBS are due by December 1. The application for Fall 2021 will open later this summer, please check back in August.
The following items will be required for upload as part of the application process:
- GRE is NO LONGER REQUIRED
- Transcripts of all college and university work
- Statement of Purpose
- Contact information for at least three people willing to write a letter of recommendation on your behalf. You should select individuals who are familiar with your work (one of these letters should be from your research advisor, if applicable). Potential letter writers will be contacted directly from the Graduate College with instructions on letter submission.
The University of Arizona Graduate College and the ABBS program are highly committed to recruiting and retaining a talented and diverse student body. Students from racial, ethnic or economic group that is underrepresented in the biological and biomedical sciences and students with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to our program. If you are a member of one of these groups, you may be eligible for an application fee waiver. To inquire about this program, please contact the ABBS graduate program coordinator, Sophia Feller email@example.com.
All applications must be submitted through the Graduate College online application website as follows:
- Go to the Graduate College Application Page
- Follow the online instructions to create an account
- Follow the instructions in the e-mail you will receive to activate your account. (Check your spam/junk folder for the automated message if you can't find it in your inbox.)
- Begin the application process by completing each step to create your profile
- Select "Apply to a Program" in the "My Active Applications" box
- Select "Degree Seeking"
- Select "Arizona Biological/Biomedical Sciences Doctoral Program" as the program of study
- Complete the steps in the "Application Checklist" box located on the right of your screen